Take the first step today!Book a free assessment!
Why see the experts at MD Health?
Physiotherapy and Exercise Physiology
We have over 10 years’ experience and combine the latest research in treatment techniques with our qualifications and understanding to reduce your pain and improve your injury in the long term.
We combine hands-on treatment and clinical Pilates exercises, which helps you take an active role in your recovery.
Take the first step
Initial Physiotherapy or Exercise Physiology Assessment
For example, a typical case of back pain would involve assessing the lumbar spine, pelvis and hips, as all these areas can contribute to back pain.
This comprehensive type of assessment is vital in determining the most appropriate treatment plan – with a goal for long term reduction of pain and recurring injuries.
What we do
Our Physiotherapists are trained in a wide range of speciality areas.
Whether it be chronic pain or acute injury, speak to one of our highly trained professionals to see which path is the best one for you.
- Lumbar Disc Bulge or Prolapse
- Lumbar Facet Joint Irritation
- Pelvic Instability and Sacro-Iliac Joint Irritation (SIJ pain)
- Spinal Canal Stenosis
- Scar Tissue or Neural Tension as a result of previous injury
- Lumbar Instability
- Back pain and injuries
- Knee injuries such as ACL tears, Patello-femoral joint pain and Meniscal injuries
- Shoulder pain and injuries such as Sub-acromial impingement
- Ankle injuries such as acute ankle sprains
We will assess all these areas in detail and determine not just the how to reduce the pain in the short term, but a comprehensive plan to reduce the chance of re injury in the long term.
Arthritis and Osteoporosis
- Improving the strength and control of the joints – Poor muscle strength has a major affect on pain and joint function.
- Reduce Joint Pain – Strengthening the muscles makes a huge impact on how much arthritis affects your life, in particular pain from knee arthritis often comes from poor knee cap control, not the arthritis itself, which can be managed with exercise
- Improved ability to Function – Limitations in what you can do is usually due to weakness, more than the arthritis itself. Strengthening the muscles can have a huge impact on your quality of life
Pre and Rehabilitation
Rehabilitation– Many of our clients have undergone very intrusive surgery and our program has enabled them to make a very impressive recovery as well as making a huge difference to the outcome of their surgery.
With good strength base prior to surgery, your rehabilitation can soley focus on the area directly affected by the surgery. This is why preparing your body for surgery can cut the recovery time to just weeks instead of months.
We are able to strengthen you from head to toe ( remember when you are in the hospital bed and inactive for several days , your muscles will degenerate). If you have decreased overall muscle strength before your surgery you will have a prolonged and painful recovery.
The first step is now!Book a free assessment!
Take the first step to a healthier you!
Contact us today to book a free, 1-hour session with an experienced MD Health Physiotherapist or Accredited Exercise Physiologist.
This helps us identify your current strengths and weaknesses, and to get an understanding of what your goals for the program are.