Emily’s recipe of the month: Cheesecake Brownies!
What do you get when you cross two classic desserts together? This delicious hybrid of Cheesecake Brownies!
How can such a magnificent and delicious thing exist? Well look no further friends.
- Brownies layer:
- 1 cup (125g) all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup (28g) cacao powder
- ⅓ cup (65g) coconut sugar (or sub regular sugar)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 4oz (120g) dark chocolate, melted
- ⅓ cup (60ml) butter/nuttlex/coconut oil, melted
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup almond butter
- ½ cup (80ml) soy/almond milk (or can sub any other milk)
- Cheesecake layer:
- 1 cup (240ml) coconut yogurt (or can sub for any plain yoghurt)
- ½ cup cashews, soaked
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- ½ cup (85g) chocolate chips
- Place the flour, cacao powder, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium size bowl and whisk together.
- Melt the chocolate and add the butter, vanilla extract, almond butter and milk to it. Whisk together until you have a smooth mixture, then add to the dry ingredients. Combine with a spatula and set aside.
- Place the cashews, yogurt and cornstarch into a high-speed blender and blend for 30 seconds until smooth.
- Line a 8″ (20cm) brownie tin with parchment paper, grease the sides preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F.
- Scoop ½ of the brownie batter into the tin and spread evenly. Add the cheesecake mixture on top and even out carefully. Add the remaining ½ of the batter on top and use a toothpick or fork to create swirls.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and place in the oven for 35-40 minutes (depending on how gooey you want them). Let cool down for 5-10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Want to know more?
If you want more information or would like to book for a FREE full body assessment with one of our Physiotherapists or Exercise Physiologists, call us on 9857 0644 or email us at email@example.com
Recipe and Image Source: https://bit.ly/2YisGLH