As we approach the new year, it is natural in getting back into gear towards setting and achieving goals. Whether it’s to return back your formal exercise routine or striving for that desired weight goal, setting ‘SMART’ goals may be a good approach to ensure it is accomplished.
What is SMART goal setting?
SMART goal setting brings structure and trackability into your goals and objectives.
What does S.M.A.R.T. goal setting stand for?
- Specific: What exactly do you want to achieve? The more specific, the bigger the chance you’ll get exactly that
- Measurable: Breaking down your goal into measurable elements. For example, “I will lose 5kg in two months’ time!” – needs to be realistic
- Attainable: Means investigating whether the desire goal is appropriate to you. Ensure to weigh the efforts of time, cost and other obligations and priorities you have in your life.
- Relevant: Main questions to ask, why do you want to reach this goal? What is the objective behind this goal, and will this goal really achieve that?
- Timely: Keep your timeline realistic and flexible, that way you can keep the drive high.
Want to know more?
If you want more information or would like to book for a FREE full body assessment with one of our Physiotherapists or Exercise Physiologists, call us on 9857 0644 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have any questions?
- Call us on (03) 9857 0644 or (07) 3505 1494 (Paddington)
- Email us at email@example.com
- Check out our other blog posts here
Our clinical staff would be happy to have chat if you have any questions.
Take the first step to a healthier you!
Would you prefer for someone to contact you to book your FREE Full Body Assessment*?
Please fill in this form and someone from MD Health will be in touch with you soon.
Alternatively please call us on:
Or email us:
*Please note only the Full Body Assessment is a FREE service. The Full Body Assessment is for new clients at MD Health or returning clients who haven’t been in for 6 months or longer who intend to particpiate in our 13 Week Clinical Pilates Program**.
For all new clients who wish to come in for a one-off, casual or adhoc basis for Physiotherapy or Exercise Physiology the Initial Physiotherapy or Initial Exercise Physiology appointment is a paid service.
** The 13 Week Clinical Pilates Program at MD Health is not a lock in contract and you are not required to attend for the full 13 weeks if you do not wish.