Improving our Pilates program, service and your outcomes has been and will continue to be one of our major goals at MD Health Pilates. At the moment, we have been working on these aspects of our program to be launched in the next version of our software (version 6fii).
1. Real time ultrasound imaging of the shoulder – Nicholas has recently undertaken further training in musculo-skeletal ultrasound imaging and has now taught all the other staff how to image the muscles and tendons. We have now further practiced and refined our skills through several in-services and worked out our standard protocols for testing the shoulder. This will now be used as a standard test when you have a shoulder injury
2. Headache assessment and treatment – Mark Charalambous, former physiotherapist at MD Health Pilates, recently trained all of our staff in better assessment and treatment techniques for neck related headaches. We have now further fine-tuned this process and incorporated it into the new version of our software.
3. Better hip assessment and specific treatment – Since we started incorporating new research and techniques for treating hip injuries over the last two years, we have a much better idea of what works well and what doesn’t. These changes will also be included in our new software and testing procedure.
4. Tendon injuries in general – Both Nicholas and Jacinta had done excellent training and taught the other staff how to specifically assess and treat tendon and tendonopathy injuries. We have re-written the process of how to better progress tendon rehabilitation programs throughout the healing process for the best outcomes
5. Heart and other cardiovascular conditions – If you have had heart related issues, you have probably found that we have been asking to rated your effort during an exercise or session out of 10 (RPE) or 20 (Borg scale) to determine the safest level of exercise for you. We have now worked to make this process easier to record and keep a track of during your sessions
6. Home exercises – We are in the process of updating our range of home exercises and working to mare the process faster and more specific to each individual
Physiotherapist and Managing Director