- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 medium sized white onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 2 inch cube of ginger, grated or finely chopped – skin removed
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 cup butternut squash, cubed
- 3 tbsp. red curry paste
- season to taste
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes – add as little or as much as you’d like
- 1 can coconut milk
- 4-6 cups boiling water (more if you find the soup is too thick)
- 2 tsp. veggie stock paste
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast – I used Bob’s Red Mill
- 1 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1 cup cubed tofu (optional)
- 45g uncooked vermicelli rice noodles
- garnish with: fresh cilantro, lime and red onion
Into a large soup pot add your coconut oil and heat for 20-30 seconds on medium-low heat before adding your white onion. Sweat this out for around 5 minutes. Stir often to avoid burning.
Now add your peppers and cook for 1-2 minutes before adding your garlic, ginger, curry and cumin. I let this cook for 3-5 minutes. The longer you let them cook, the more fragrant the soup. Now add your butternut squash, turn heat to low and pop the lid on for 5 minutes or until the squash is tender.
Remove lid, increase heat to high and add your red curry paste, desired seasoning to taste, chilli flakes, coconut milk, water, veggie stock paste, nutritional yeast, coconut aminos and tofu. Stir till everyone is well combined and then bring mixture to a boil.
Once bubbling add your noodles and reduce heat. Cook your noodles as per package instructions.
Serve this soup hot with fresh cilantro, lime, jalapeños and red onion!
Recipe sourced from Food by Maria
Want to know more?
If you want more information or would like to book for a FREE full body assessment with one of our Physiotherapists or Exercise Physiologists, call us on 9857 0644 or email us at email@example.com
Recipe and Image Source: https://www.foodbymaria.com/2019/01/24/one-pot-coconut-curry-noodle-bowl/