Emily’s recipe of the month: Walnut Bliss Balls
Looking for a tasty and easy snack on the go?
- 1 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped pitted dates or figs
- 1 tablespoon raw cocoa
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Place the dates/figs, walnuts, cocoa and chia seeds in the bowl of a large food processor and blend for 1 minute or until mixture is fully combined and forming a ball. Additional water or coconut oil can be added if required.
- Using your hands, roll the mixture into walnut sized balls (approx. 3cm in diameter).
- To serve roll in desiccated coconut, powdered cocoa, crushed nuts or matcha powder and place on a lined tray. Alternatively press all of the mixture in a tray and make a slice.
- Refrigerate, covered, for up to 7 days! Eat and enjoy.
Note: any nut can replace the walnuts, I like almonds, sunflower and pumpkin seed and to boost the protein content further add your favourite protein powder.
Recipe and Image Source: provided to us by client and Nutritionist Nicole McAuliffe