Deep Neck Flexor Strengthening – Lying Down With Dumbbells - Exercise Sheet
1. Lie down on your back on the floor, a flat surface is best. Use 2-3kg dumbbells in each hand.
2. You can place a small pillow or something soft under your head if needed
3. Try to gently pull your shoulders back into the floor and have your knees bent up so your lower back is comfortable and slightly arched.
4. With your tongue on the roof of your mouth, gently tuck chin in
5. Try not to push into floor very hard only lightly
6. Hold whilst gently raising the weights up to shoulder level without sticking your chin out or moving your shoulder blades
7. If you cannot do this without moving your neck reduce the weight and try again.
8. Take weights out to side halfway for extra challenge, and then slowly return weights to the centre and back to your side