Article and comment – The Seven Ages of You
There are 3 major factors that make a difference in protecting you as you age:
- Physical Activity: Exercise, especially strength training, has a huge impact on your aging process. It has the largest effect on maintaining mobility and function as you age. Strength training is safe and effective, even into your 90’s.
- Social support: Having regular contact with other people who provide a good social circle and support. Participating in exercise that involves contact with other people has multiple benefits. These include achieving a good levels of physical activity whilst maintaining social support at the same time.
- Sense of control over your life: Challenging yourself with learning new skills has many benefits. It has been shown to directly encourage positive change in your life. It also maintains and improves brain function in later life. The activity must be challenging enough that it taxes your attention, such as learning a new language or an instrument.
Do you have any questions?
- Call us on (03) 9857 0644 or (07) 3505 1494 (Paddington)
- Email us at email@example.com
- Check out our other blog posts here
Our clinical staff would be happy to have chat if you have any questions.